Sunday, December 5, 2021

Rock Paper Shotgun Latest Articles Feed

Rock Paper Shotgun Latest Articles Feed


Hot Wheels Unleashed's Batman expansion adds a Batcave

Posted: 04 Dec 2021 02:31 PM PST

A side effect of fatherhood is that I now see everything through my five-year-old's eyes. Hot Wheels Unleashed is, to me, most likely a middling racing game and lesser Trackmania - but then, if I think about it, I know my kid would love it.

Hot Wheels Unleashed's Batman expansion, featuring a handful of cars and a Batcave? To me, meaningless licensed tie-in. But my kid... My kid must never know this exists.

Read more

Quake Remastered now has a horde mode

Posted: 04 Dec 2021 01:43 PM PST

It feels at times as if, over a long enough timeline, all first-person shooters trend towards becoming the same game by cribbing modes from one another. Case in point: Quake now has a horde mode. It comes as part of a new update for Quake Remastered, Bethesda's recent spit-and-polish of the classic 3D shooter. The horde mode is made by MachineGames for 1-4 players - and the update also includes a new (or "new") singleplayer add-on.

Read more

Forza Horizon 5 patch fixes convoys and Horizon Arcade bugs

Posted: 04 Dec 2021 01:26 PM PST

Despite being a Forza Horizon 4 mega fan and having played it three times, I've yet to dig into Forza Horizon 5. I'm relishing the experience of still having it to play, like keeping a big chocolate bar on a high shelf in case of an emergency.

When I do decide to head down Mexico way, I'll get a better experience for having waited. Playground Games' second patch for the game went live this week, bringing tons of fixes.

Read more

This ridiculously good charity bundle has over 60 games for $5

Posted: 04 Dec 2021 01:10 PM PST

'Tis the season of charity bundles, in which developers urge you to perform the generous act of giving their videogames a new home in exchange for a fraction of their true value. Next up: a bundle of 66 games on Itch.io. Are you big hard-drived enough to let A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build, Old Man's Journey, Lieve Oma, A Normal Lost Phone, Secrets Of Raetikon, Cosmic Express, Fugl, Botanicula, Hacknet, The Stillness Of The Wind, The Hex - *deep breath* - Art Sqool, Hidden Folks, Cloud Gardens, Signs Of The Sojourner, Wide Ocean Big Jacket, Coffee Talk, Ynglet and many more onto your computer?

Go on, have a heart. It'll cost $5 and 100% of the money goes to the World Land Trust.

Read more

Valve shows off Steam Deck's case and final packaging

Posted: 04 Dec 2021 12:38 PM PST

The Steam Deck has been delayed until February 2022, but a new update from Valve says that they've now completed their final prototype of the handheld PC before it enters full production.

They're now sending out a new wave of dev kits to creators, and as part of that they're also testing their final packaging. That includes the neat-looking case pictured above.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

guest post needed

Hi I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out to discuss the possibility of publishing articles on your website. Along with guest ...